Director of Marketing
Bizly is the world's easiest way for teams to build events from start-to-finish. Our product tackles the millions of events are that are built using spreadsheets and paper. We've invented a completely original product experience that helps anyone with no event experience build great events. We're in a stage of rapid growth as a company and business. We have recently signed on several new SaaS clients at the top of the Fortune 100, raised capital from leading strategic investors, and hired some of the most brilliant thinkers in the industry onto our team.
We are on the verge of launching a transformative new product and we are seeking our first Director of Marketing to help lead our way. We are seeking a marketing leader with a strong “product marketing” background.
As a member of the leadership team, there are three main things that you will own:
- Product marketing: your primary role in the first phase will be product marketing will be to help us articulate and define the Bizly voice and how it is communicated in our product and across all of our target segments (enterprise buyers, end-users, and venues). You will own our launch strategy in the enterprise space and later in the SME and venue categories.
- Demand generation and partnership: you will help us define the metrics around some of our primary demand generation channels, articulating what each dollar can produce in each channel. You will also work to help us define our brand and PR, utilizing agencies and/or consultants. Part of this responsibility will include spearheading distribution partnerships
- Culture and organization: you will own responsibility for helping Bizly create a great marketing culture built around creativity, out-of-the-box thinking, and quantitative focus. Over time, you will help us recruit a great marketing, PR and demand generation team. You are, by nature, scrappy, hard-working and resourceful, helping us find the right resources for the task at hand to make sure we get the job done.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The following is what matters most:
- Track Record: we are looking for a proven marketer who has played a lead marketing role at a fast-growing software company. We are looking for professionals with a proven product marketing track record.
- Hands-On Mindset: while we don’t expect you to spend much of your time running campaigns in the long run, we are looking for someone who is very comfortable getting into the trenches in the early phases of the role so that we can iterate and grow with precision.
- Culture Fit: most importantly, we are looking for someone who fits our culture. Must be excited about building a consumerized application for the enterprise, great team player, and deeply enjoys the satisfaction of making a mark on the world. Most importantly, you are a natural leader who can inspire your team members to use empathy, learn, grow, and think big. We are looking for a detail-oriented leader.
Bizly is the world’s leading self-service events platform. Our innovative technology enables anyone on the team to easily build, manage, and measure events. We support enterprise customers through built-in compliance, comparison and reporting tools. We're venture-backed and growing fast, and we are transforming the multi-billion-dollar corporate events market.
Great work deserves great perks!
- Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage
- Incredible office with unlimited snacks and wellness center on-premise
- Company-funded travel to conferences & professional development events
- Fun work environment and company culture with an upbeat, first-class team
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, and more
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Competitive salary with equity options
Bizly is a growing team working to build the leading platform that powers human connection. We embrace and celebrate diversity. At Bizly, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.