Director of Marketing at Bizly
Bizly's mission is to help every professional easily build successful events. Bizly is focused on solving the *entire* event lifecycle, from designing the event & booking venues to inviting guests and measuring event ROI - Bizly aims to make this process as easy as using Netflix.
We are looking for a gifted storyteller who can help us firmly establish our brand voice, create consistent messaging in all of our touchpoints with customers, users, investors, and build a powerful community of advocates. You will work to create an "echo chamber" and build widespread market visibility for Bizly on a shoestring budget. You’ll play a pivotal role as the first marketing hire at Bizly and join our senior leadership team. To be eligible for this role, you have a solid track record of leading marketing efforts for enterprise SAAS providers.
- Become our resident storyteller, supporting every team at Bizly from sales, account management, product to engineering, articulate their story & mission
- Help Bizly create a strong, effective, and consistent voice across all marketing, branding, and product interfaces
- Support our content strategies, brand partnerships, and industry positioning
- Develop our go-to-market strategies for identified segments and verticals, including brand awareness and campaigns to support customer acquisition and maintenance
- Concept and fully execute content marketing campaigns targeted at enterprise procurement departments
- Initiate product marketing efforts to create viral user growth within client accounts
- Drive lead generation campaigns from initial market research through execution of campaigns including follow-up, and all required iterations
- Work strategically and tactically across public relations, digital advertising, SEO, and other methods to achieve marketing goals
- Build out sales presentations, brand collateral, and other materials
- Assist in building marketing and product analytics platform to measure results of marketing tactics
- Participate in customer meetings, user groups and industry trade associations
- Assist in creation of marketing automation
You’re our ideal teammate if:
- You're a gifted storyteller with a track record of success in technology startups
- You're an effective and persuasive written, oral, and visual communicator
- Gifted at analyzing data and understanding the message and story
- You enjoy both strategy AND execution, you don’t rely on outside agencies
- Energetic, personable, ability to overcome obstacles and driven to succeed
- Tireless in finding the right marketing vehicle and fearless about experimentation
- You thrive with quantitative assessment and data-centric approach to analysis
- Self starter who can work independently and achieve assigned goals
- Ability to test and evaluate different paths to success
- Comfortable with technology and Google/Microsoft applications
- Strong work ethic and follow up skills
- 4-5 years marketing experience in a professional setting
- Living in the Northeast with a preference for the New York tri-state
- Proven track record with marketing SAAS solutions to Fortune 2000 customers
Bizly is the events platform that’s built for the whole company to use. Our innovative technology enables anyone on the team to easily build, manage, and measure events. We support enterprise customers through built-in compliance, comparison and reporting tools. We're venture-backed and growing fast, and we need your help as we transform the ~$900 Billion global events market.
- We have amazing people. You will work with some of the smartest and most driven people in the industry. We work together to solve every problem, though we’re not afraid to challenge each other.
- We value personal development. We are a high-performance organization that is always trying to push the envelope. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do, and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here – and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We believe in the power of human connection. Magic happens in the moments we spend face to face. We collaborate freely, communicate openly and meet each other outside the box – often at regular team lunches and offsites.
- We want you to love where you work. We have a great office space located in the heart of Herald Square.
Great work deserves great perks!
- Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage
- Access to Bizly spaces for creative events
- Company-funded travel to conferences & professional development events
- Fun work environment and company culture with an upbeat, first-class team
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, and more
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Competitive salary with equity options
Bizly is a venture-backed company working to build the platform that powers human connection. We embrace and celebrate the diversity of our client and venue base and strive for the same in our employees. At Bizly, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.