Full-Stack Engineer at Bizly
Bizly is design and analytics software for in-person experiences. Our mission is to keep authentic relationships at the center of business. We do this by making it easy to design impactful events beginning-to-end, with all the analytics to drive growth. With the rise of remote and distributed teams, our platform brings people closer together.
We are looking for an experienced engineer (front-end leaning) to work with our team to build industry-leading products. We're looking for someone analytical, a great team player, who operates with a sense of urgency, and is highly detailed and planned in approach. We're looking for diversity of thought, radical candor, patience, and great teamwork.
Our ideal candidate has a solid track record of building great web-based applications using React and PHP. You have a strong interest in machine learning, AI, data science, and perhaps even building a first-of-its kind social graph for the enterprise.
- Work within our innovative engineering department to tackle complicated problems that are faced by hundreds of millions of professionals globally
- Write beautiful code, with proficiency in both front-end and back-end frameworks (React and PHP Laravel is a major plus)
- Be driven to work on the hardest problems at a deep architectural level
- You are patient toward long-term results, yet operate with a great deal of urgency
- You are comfortable with uncertainty and limited information, and are very resourceful in finding your own answers
- You are highly detailed but can be flexible so long as there is a good structure and plan in place
- You are interested in talking product ownership and being directly responsible for speed, reliability, and architecture by using existing technology and introducing new ideas
- Help us improve our engineering process to ensure the best performance
You’re our ideal teammate if:
- You've held an engineering role (in-house) at a fast-growing technology company (preferably early or mid-stage)
- You're not afraid to "walk in the dark" with a self-guided approach to diving into our code base and getting up to speed on your own
- You are a team player who operates with a spirit of "radical candor", and you approach conflict with patience, empathy, and great communication
- You’ve a natural ability to lead through serving
- You can balance "moving fast" and "breaking things with stable infrastructure"
- You're up on all the latest trends in technology frameworks, platforms, APIs, blockchain, etc
Bizly is design and analytics software for in-person experiences. Our innovative technology enables anyone on the team to easily build, manage, and measure events. We support enterprise customers through built-in compliance, comparison and reporting tools. We're venture-backed and growing fast, and we need your help as we transform the $1 Trillion global events market.
- We have amazing people. You will work with some of the smartest and most driven people in the industry. We work together to solve every problem, though we’re not afraid to challenge each other.
- We value personal development. We are a high-performance organization that is always trying to push the envelope. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do, and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here – and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We believe in the power of human connection. Magic happens in the moments we spend face to face. We collaborate freely, communicate openly and meet each other outside the box – often at regular team lunches and offsites.
- We want you to love where you work. We have a great office space located in the heart of Herald Square.
Great work deserves great perks!
- Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage
- Access to Bizly spaces for creative events
- Company-funded travel to conferences & professional development events
- Fun work environment and company culture with an upbeat, first-class team
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, and more
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Competitive salary with equity options
Bizly is a growing team working to build the platform that powers human connection. We embrace and celebrate the diversity of our client and venue base and strive for the same in our employees. At Bizly, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.