Senior Product Designer at Bizly
Bizly is on a mission to help everyone easily build great meetings and events. We are currently the enterprise solution for some of the world's largest companies and focused on serving millions of users globally. We have developed an exciting new product and are looking for our next design leader to spearhead us into the future.
Design and user experience (UX) are at the forefront of everything we do at Bizly. This role will shape the emotional connection we create with our users, the way we serve our enterprise customers, and the future of our products. A big part of the role is to be a visionary—visualizing and reinventing the future of how events and meetings will be created, managed, and measured-- along with a highly detail-oriented work ethic.
We are looking for a senior product designer based in New York with a strong track record of designing inspired apps within a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment. Leadership and teamwork is a requirement for this role.
- Develop strategic plans with the senior leadership team, assessing key problems and opportunities.
- Articulate user journeys with scenarios, storyboards, low/high fidelity mockups and prototypes to communicate and validate design ideas.
- Create inspired product designs with a minimalistic and sleek style that simplifies complex concepts.
- Validate concepts and obtain feedback comprehensively across internal, external, and third party stakeholders.
- Utilize user behavior data and interviews to drive the product feedback, idea validation, and product improvement loop.
- Work with our engineering team from validation through production to help them deliver pixel-perfect products.
- Be comfortable independently handling most of the product design requirements (UI/UX) in the short-term and set the foundation for building out the design team.
- Lead strategic design thinking in all areas of business, whether you are brainstorming on a new product, prototyping on the latest mockups, implementing user feedback, or designing marketing material.
We're looking for:
- A strong communicator. You can proactively, comfortably and effectively discuss your opinions, and articulate ideas and design challenges with members of a team. Design debate is an integral element of our culture.
- Passion. You’re committed to putting the work and time in where necessary to make a great product for our users.
- An impressive portfolio. We’d like to see a variety of different creative challenges and an understanding of strong user experience, particularly in an enterprise environment.
- Clear track record. You've built creative and innovative product designs to solve user challenges, which you have validated using a mix of qualitative and quantitative data.
- Minimum of five years of product design experience.
Your background includes experience designing complex web applications.
- SaaS or enterprise product experience a plus.
- Startup experience is a major plus.
- Professional knowledge and ease of use with design programs: Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, Zeplin, Invision, and prototyping apps. Knowledge of HTML, CSS, JS are a bonus.
Bizly is the meetings and events platform that’s built for the whole company to use. Our innovative technology enables teams to build custom events at thousands of hotels, private dining and activity venues, and maximize ROI through built-in compliance and reporting tools. We're venture-backed and growing fast, and we need your help as we work to help every professional build better gatherings - cut down on wasted meetings and drive powerful in-person experiences.
- We have amazing people. You will work with some of the smartest, and most driven people in the industry. We work together to solve every problem, though we’re not afraid to challenge each other with radical candor.
- We value personal development. We are a high-performance organization that is always trying to push the envelope. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do, and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here – and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We believe in the power of human connection. Magic happens in the moments we spend face to face. We collaborate freely, communicate openly and meet each other outside the box – often at regular team lunches and offsites.
- We want you to love where you work. We have a great full-service office at Convene on Fifth Avenue
Great work deserves great perks!
- Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage
- Access to Bizly spaces for creative events
- Company-funded travel to conferences & professional development events
- Fun work environment and company culture with an upbeat, first-class team
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, and more
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Competitive salary with equity options
Bizly is a growing team working to build the platform that powers human connection. We embrace and celebrate the diversity of our client and venue base and strive for the same in our employees. At Bizly, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.