VP of Engineering at Bizly
Bizly is pioneering a new class of enterprise software called 'human relationship management' (HRM). Given the rapid rise of remote workforces, AI, and robotics, Bizly provides companies with the tools to maximize interpersonal relationships. We give companies a reliable, measurable, and efficient way to design in-person experiences to drive revenue growth, build company culture, and create productivity.
We are looking for an experienced engineering leader to help us bring Bizly's engineering department to the next level. We are looking for engineering leaders with a solid reputation for team leadership, innovation, and production of best-in-class products.
- Help us build a world-class engineering culture
- Develop and oversee our overall engineering roadmap
- Develop the most efficient engineering process at Bizly, which leverages both in-house and external resources, solid sprint planning, and forecasting
- Develop our approach to enterprise-level security, devops, and QA testing
- Thoughtfully liaison between the business team, product, and engineers
- Help us identify our needs and hire the best engineering talent
- Help Bizly stay at the cutting edge of technology and augment the platform's differentiation, defensibility, and competitive advantage
- Take an ownership role in product vision and seeing it through to completion
You’re our ideal teammate if:
- You've held a senior leadership role (in-house) and have managed an engineering team at a fast-growing technology company (preferably early-stage)
- You’re not afraid of walking in the dark and want to join a team of pioneers who are focused on unlocking product/market fit in a very large market
- You enjoy respectful and constructive debate, with a spirit of "radical candor", and approaching conflict with patience, empathy, and great communication
- You’ve a natural ability to lead through serving
- You can balance "moving fast" and "breaking things with stable infrastructure"
- You're up on all the latest trends in technology frameworks, platforms, APIs, blockchain, etc
- You possess a strong sense of competitive positioning, defensibility and differentiation, and partnerships/BD.
Bizly is the events platform that’s built for the whole company to use. Our innovative technology enables anyone on the team to easily build, manage, and measure events. We support enterprise customers through built-in compliance, comparison and reporting tools. We're venture-backed and growing fast, and we need your help as we transform the ~$900 Billion global events market.
- We have amazing people. You will work with some of the smartest and most driven people in the industry. We work together to solve every problem, though we’re not afraid to challenge each other.
- We value personal development. We are a high-performance organization that is always trying to push the envelope. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do, and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here – and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We believe in the power of human connection. Magic happens in the moments we spend face to face. We collaborate freely, communicate openly and meet each other outside the box – often at regular team lunches and offsites.
- We want you to love where you work. We have a great office space located in the heart of Herald Square.
Great work deserves great perks!
- Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage
- Access to Bizly spaces for creative events
- Company-funded travel to conferences & professional development events
- Fun work environment and company culture with an upbeat, first-class team
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, and more
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Competitive salary with equity options
Bizly is a growing team working to build the platform that powers human connection. We embrace and celebrate the diversity of our client and venue base and strive for the same in our employees. At Bizly, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.