Director of Engineering at Bizly
Bizly is the world's easiest way for teams to build events from start-to-finish. Our product tackles the millions of events are that are built using spreadsheets and paper. We've invented a completely original product experience that helps anyone with build great events. We're in a stage of rapid growth as a company and business. We have recently signed on several new SaaS clients at the top of the Fortune 100, raised capital from leading strategic investors, and hired some of the most brilliant thinkers in the industry onto our team.
We have an elite team of engineers and we are looking for a Director/VP of Engineering to help us bring Bizly's engineering department to the next level.
As a member of the leadership team, there are three main things that you will own:
- Engineering culture and communications: first and foremost, you will help us build a world-class engineering culture that is rooted in mutual respect, great communication, excellency around work-product, accountability, and sound decision making. You will set the tone for this culture, and lead efforts around engineering department growth. As an experienced startup leader, you will know how to be scrappy and identify the right resource strategy to get things done.
- Security and architecture: you will own responsibility around architectural design and decision making and you will lead processes as it relates to security protocols such as SOC2 and GDPR. You will also be responsible for technical communications with enterprise customers as required.
- API marketplace and analytics: you will own responsibility for helping Bizly create the most robust API integration marketplace in the industry, as well as will help us devise a proprietary approach to analytics.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The following is what matters most:
- Track Record: we are looking for a proven engineer who has played a lead role at a fast-growing software company. In these roles, you have communicated across executive leadership and customers, you’ve been responsible for growing the team, and you’ve been responsible for the success of the engineering team.
- Hands-On Mindset: while we don’t expect you to spend much of your time coding in the long run, we are looking for someone who is very comfortable getting into the trenches of helping us solution around the technical nuances of the software we are building.
- Culture Fit: most importantly, we are looking for someone who fits our culture. Must be excited about building a consumerized application for the enterprise, great team player, and deeply enjoys the satisfaction of building high-quality software. Most importantly, you are a natural leader who can inspire your team members to resolve conflict, learn, grow, and think big. We are looking for a detail-oriented leader.
Bizly is the world’s leading self-service events platform. Our innovative technology enables anyone on the team to easily build, manage, and measure events. We support enterprise customers through built-in compliance, comparison and reporting tools. We're venture-backed and growing fast, and we are transforming the multi-billion-dollar corporate events market.
Great work deserves great perks!
- Comprehensive medical, vision, and dental coverage
- Incredible office with unlimited snacks and wellness center on-premise
- Company-funded travel to conferences & professional development events
- Fun work environment and company culture with an upbeat, first-class team
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, and more
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Competitive salary with equity options
Bizly is a growing team working to build the world's leading platform that powers human connection. We embrace and celebrate diversity. At Bizly, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.